We have an exciting opportunity to work with the team, growing top quality produce for our kitchen & seasonal events. Duties to include all aspects of vegetable, fruit and herb production within an organic framework.
You should have experience growing edibles, be hard working, organised and committed to maintaining the gardens to the highest standards.
The sensitivity of the site requires that the entire garden needs to be managed organically. The vegetable garden consisting of raised beds. The beds are no-dig and biodynamic methods are used as much as possible. The beds contain a consistent crop of quality, unusual and heritage varieties of vegetables that are revised each year to cater for the restaurant, therefore constant communication and forward planning is required for them to be part of the menu.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic with a passion for productive gardening. Someone who is driven; a multi-skilled, hands-on gardener with excellent attention to detail.
- Propagate, grow and maintain high quality, seasonal fruit, vegetables, herbs and saladsfor the kitchens, within an organic framework.
- Tend the gardens to the highest horticultural standards.
- Harvesting of crops for the restaurant and liaison with kitchen to ensure their needs are met.
- Daily record keeping – maintaining sowing lists, harvest records, pest and disease
- Research into plantings and horticultural techniques.
- Maintain tools and equipment to high standards.
- Interact with guests when required to share knowledge and experience in the form of demonstrations and tours.
- Assisting in ornamental areas of garden.
- Cutting & maintaining our lawns
If you think you could be an asset to our busy, professional and friendly team then let us know!
We offer a competitive salary and 28 days’ paid holiday per year.
Additional benefits include Company Pension Scheme, Training and Career Development and Uniform.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you!