We feel incredibly fortunate to be situated in such a beautiful part of the country and do our utmost to ensure that our impact on the environment is minimised in every way possible. Below are just some of the ways in which we are working to be a more socially and environmentally responsible business.
- We work with local food and beverage suppliers – reducing food miles and packaging
- We run our kitchen garden organically but are not certified
- We forage from the land and sea in our immediate environment
- We compost all garden waste
- We recycle all cooking oil
- We purchase Fish that is approved by the Marine Conservation Society
- We sponsor local woodlands
- All our water comes from a mountain stream
Reduce, reuse, recycle
- We recycle glass, cardboard, paper and plastic
- We have removed all plastic from our bars including stirrers, straws and picks
- All lightbulbs have been updated to LED bulbs
- We use reclaimed and natural building materials where possible across all properties
- We use many antique furnishings and upcycle furniture where possible to give the pieces increased usage
We are currently striving to get the carbon footprint of our business down to net zero.
We currently have solar panels in place on some of our buildings and are looking to add to this.
We are working with our energy supplier to create a small hydro scheme on the hillside behind the property which will take our grid energy consumption to zero.
Click on any of the images to view the gallery