Just an hour north of Glasgow, The Lodge is accessible by many means of transport. Driving, rail, flying, sea plane or boat.
The Lodge can be reached in eight hours from London, four from Manchester, two hours from Edinburgh and just an hour from Glasgow.
Driving from the South
- Head in the direction of Glasgow.
- Follow signs for Glasgow Airport,
bypassing the city centre.
- Continue along the M8.
- Do not take the Glasgow Airport turn off.
Directions to The Lodge from Glasgow Airport
- From Glasgow Airport join the M8 (Greenock).
- On the M8 follow signs for the Erskine Bridge.
- Cross the Erskine Bridge and join the A82.
- Follow signs to Crianlarich and Dumbarton.
- Continue on the A82 until you reach Tarbet.
- Follow the A83 towards Campbeltown.
- Pass through the village of Arrochar.
- Continue 7 miles North to The Rest & Be Thankful.
- Turn left onto the B828 to Lochgoilhead/Carrick Castle.
- Follow the B828 for 5 miles towards Lochgoilhead.
- Continue to the bridge just before Lochgoilhead village.
- Turn right immediately before the bridge.
- Follow the signs for Carrick Castle.
- Folllow the road for approximately 2 miles.
- Pass the building on the left with a chain link fence.
- The Lodge is the 3rd opening on the left.
- The first is Loch Goil Cruisers, Boat Hire.
- The second is a white gate for York Cottage.
- The third is The Lodge on Loch Goil,
with dry stone walls and wrought iron gates.
- Please press the button at the gates to gain access.
Full driving inineraries can be created using the following resources:
Sleeper service – London Euston to Arrochar and Tarbet(West Highland Line)
Departs London at 21.30 – Arrives 07.30, We then collect you in time for breakfast. Recommended by previous guests.
We can pick up from Glasgow Central and Queen Street Station.
National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950 or alternatively visit:
With the increase in direct flights, Scotland's tourist industry is increasing and we can arrange pick-ups from Glasgow and Prestwick airport or arrange car hire.
For information on flights to Glasgow Intl and Prestwick Airport:
- British Airways
- British Midland International
- BMI Baby
- Eastern Airways
- Virgin Airways
- KLM - Royal Dutch Airlines
- Fly Emirates
- Air France
- Air Berlin
- SAS - Scandinavian Airlines
- Wizz Air
Sea Plane or Boat
Your journey to The Lodge can be arranged by boat or sea plane. You will be picked up at a designated location and dropped off at the bottom of the garden.
“Great food, great view, great beds. I love it here.”Philippa Allan, Model UK